Hello everyone, I’m back again and very excited to share my experiences at Pearl Lemon. Today 14th August 2020 is the Day 126, I’ve been a part of Pearl Lemon as an partner, and this is partner update blog, for week 14.
Firstly let’s do a recap of what I did this week at work.
If you have read my past blogs, you should know that I do some regular tasks one of those is funnelling emails from job boards (angel.co, work in startups, glassdoor etc.,), angel.co is quite underrated from where I come, this is one of the must places to checkout for recruitments (also I got into Pearl Lemon via angel.co 🙂
Apart from recruitments angel.co is a flexible job board to get leads, and also it can be used as a directory for knowing about new startups and advancements in the industry, among all the job boards (TONS) I have visited I can easily rank angel.co, at the top.
Other regular tasks include managing emails for other prominent people in the company and updating incoming leads in an organised Google Sheet to facilitate the sales guys Ion, and Adham close them.
Coming to the new tasks I worked on this week include,
- A keyword research for UK based ‘Direct Access Barrister’.
- Substituted Sam L’s work and took over some social media accounts and responded to comments.
- Worked with Fares one of the design partners, audited all the YouTube channels of Pearl Lemon (Offical, Reviews, Leads and Sales) and listed videos to improve the thumbnails.
- I researched websites to build links. Link building is all about getting Do-Follow links from sites which already have good ratings and authority, and this is one of the prominent white hat SEO techniques.
- Also being an partner at Pearl Lemon, you get to know all the new things at the workplace, and individual feedback is always appreciated.
Watched working process loom of Federica HR Success Manager, Ben’s presentation on cold calling (From SaaS team), Noah’s working process (Content writer) and also recorded my views on Pearl Lemon websites design changes.
A new thing I learned this week is on how to manage and enhance the overall email experience, being the HR, Federica’s working process involves responding to many emails promptly. Hence, she has some things already set up as templates—using templates and proper subject lines for getting faster responses is very helpful for inbound and also outreaches. Also, Dee emphasises on keeping email inbox 0 as this does help in keeping the focus on actual work.
I have been working on to remember keyboard shortcuts for Google Sheets and other apps, and this has helped me to work faster. Since I started working, Tab is the most frequently used key, which I mostly never used before! In the future updates, I will also share some keyboard shortcuts I learnt.
Well, that’s it for this week. Catch you next Friday, until then stay safe and will keep posting further updates (TJ at Pearl Lemon)