Good morning, good morning!
Another week has come and gone, so let’s start with a quick weekly recap 😄.
- First things first, I got a haircut !! A big one. It’s incredibly shorter than I asked but my hair does grow fast so I guess I can’t complain. I requested around 7 inches off and she cut a foot. But my mom says it looks healthy now, so I guess that’s what matters.
- Last weekend I went to the apple orchard with my family, and we have been loaded up on apples all week. I grilled some apple burgers on Wednesday, and just today, I baked an apple pie.
- I started reading a new book this week, Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, and so far I am immensely enjoying it. In fact, I will probably finish it today because it is so hard to put down!
- On Friday, I screened a movie outside with my friends on an old projector that my dad dug up from our basement. It worked out a whole lot better than I expected! We watched 10 Things I Hate About You and watched it outside on a sheet by a firepit.
- And yesterday, one of my best friends got engaged! So crazy because, like me, she is only 22. I am still wrapping my head around it but she is thrilled, and so am I 😁!!
This week, work at Pearl Lemon was also busy. I finished up some guest posts, took my first stab at a client post, and learned some cool new stuff about lead generation.
My biggest takeaway this week was learning more about media mentions and figuring out what works best for me when it comes to staying focused.
Getting content seen by viewers is a crucial part of content writing. While some articles are for specific clients, others may be for a particular blog that is available to the public. This week, I learned a lot about reaching out to blogs as a medium to get content posted.
As far at staying focused, I am still trying to implement different blocks of time to different activities. I have definitely found that to be helpful in the past. Sometimes, I will listen to classical music or something that isn’t very distracting, in order to stay focused on a particular task.
I think going forward, as something I hope to change, I would like to start putting my phone in a different room when I am working. The distractions are endless when I have my phone next to me.
I definitely notice a difference even by just flipping it over. By removing it entirely though, hopefully, I can avoid the intrigue of who may have texted me.
Out of sight, out of mind!
This coming week, I have some more blog proposals to get through, guest posts to write, edits to make, and hopefully take a stab at some new topics with Plant Sumo, our vegan meal delivery service.
Well, time to get back to work and I will talk to you guys next week 😎.